The world today, with all its technological advancements, fast paced life, changing lifestyles and the need of today's generation for solutions at click of a button has led to new material requirements or materials with new functionalities. There are various products and technology advancements in coatings and constructions today that lend itself to achieving this. Through our unique business of Advanced Materials, we contributes in a big way to this industry across different product portfolios.
Epotec® Epoxy Resins Bisphenol A Type
- Unmodified Bisphenol-A based Epotec® Epoxy Resins are mainly used for protective coatings, industrial maintenance paints, underwater coatings, structural adhesives and civil engineering applications.
- Solvent-Cut Bisphenol-A based Epotec® Epoxy Resins have medium molecular weight & are supplied in solution form for the ease of processing. They find usage in protective coatings, marine paints and varnishes.
Epotec® Epoxy Resins Bisphenol F Type
- Unmodified Bisphenol-F based Epotec Epoxy Resins have very good chemical resistance, good mechanical properties and are lower in viscosity as compared to Bisphenol - A based resins. When properly formulated with Bisphenol- A resins they help reduce crystallization tendency and find applications in adhesives, laminates, coatings & civil engineering.
- Epoxy Phenol Novolac Resins are high functionality liquid resins offering increased temperature and chemical resistance. Suitable for use in high temperature resistant adhesives, corrosion resistant coatings, industrial maintenance paints, chemical resistant coatings & linings.
- Epoxy Bispheno - A Novolac Resins have high functionality BPA novolac based epoxy resin with excellent temperature and chemical resistance
- Modified Bisphenol A/F based Epotec Epoxy Resins are a blend of various epoxy resins and /or reactive diluents. They are available in various viscosities and are suitable for applications in laminates, civil engineering and coatings.
- Epotec® Reactive Diluents are epoxy group-containing functional products that can react with the curing agents to become the part of the cross-linked epoxy system. Reactive diluents are mainly used to reduce the viscosity of the base resin based to improve handling and ease of processing in various applications. They can be also used to optimize performance properties such as impact strength, adhesion, flexibility, filler-loading and solvent resistance of the epoxy system.
- Epotec® Reactive Diluents are divided mainly in three groups - Aliphatic, Aromatic and Cycloaliphatic. They are further classified based on their functionality as Mono-Functional, Di-Functional and Tri-Functional.
Epotec Epoxy Resins Cycloaliphatic
- Cycloaliphatic Epotec® Epoxy Resins are mainly used in weather resistant solvent-based coatings for outdoor applications.
Epotec Solid Epoxy Resins for Can Coatings
- Epotec® Epoxy Systems for Can and Coil Coatings include high molecular weight resins used extensively for coatings for beverage and beer cans, sea food cans, fruit juice cans, enclosures for glass bottles, crown caps, coatings for aerosol/perfume spray bottles, general lining for dry food packs such as containers for cookies, cold creams, marker pens, roofing sheets, sheets for appliance bodies, sheet metal furniture, and modulated office cabins.
Epotec Solid Epoxy Resins for Powder Coatings
- Conventional solid Medium Molecular Weight Standard Epotec Epoxy Resins based on Bisphenol-A with different molecular weights and viscosities are suitable for general purposepowder coatings for electric panel boards, automobile spares, bathroom fittings, decorative articles and fixtures.
- Solid Epoxy Resins based predominantly on Bisphenol - A yet have been modified to exhibit much higher epoxy functionlaity as compared to conventional solid resins.This increased functionality leads to powder coatings with increased thermal and chemical resistance. They are often use din combination with Epotec Phenolic Cusing Agents in teh formulation of Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) powder coatings fro the protection of concrete reinforcerment bars (re-bars) and pipeline coatings.
- Solid Epoxy Resins based predominantly on Bisphenol - A yet have been modified to exhibit much higher epoxy functionlaity as compared to conventional solid resins.This increased functionality leads to powder coatings with increased thermal and chemical resistance. They are often use din combination with Epotec PhenolicCusing Agents in teh formulation of Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) powder coatings fro the protection of concrete reinforcerment bars (re-bars) and pipeline coatings.
Epotec Curing Agents
- Curing agents are a vital part of the Epotec® Epoxy Resin & Curing Agent System. The selection of right curing agent is equally important as it influences the viscosity, reactivity and working time in general and mechanical, chemical and optical properties in specific.
- Phenalkamines are curing agents based on Cardanol derived from cashew shell nut liquid. They offer good adhesion, low-temperature cure and superior corrosion resistance. They are commonly used in solvent-based marine coatings.
- Modified Aliphatic Amines are room temperature reacting curing agents derived from aliphatic amines. The basic aliphatic amines are modified to reduce their vapor-pressure and thereby reduce their corrosiveness. The modification is also done to optimize the hardness, reactivity, handling time of system and also to improve the carbonation resistance.
- Very High Viscosity polyamide providing high flexibility and long pot life. Used in Solvent based metal primers, Corrosion resistant coatings, marine coatings and adhesives. Medium Viscosity Polyamide. Used in Adhesives and sealants, marine & maintenance coatings. Low viscosity amidoamine, suitable for laminating applications and general propose concrete primers. Also applications with high filler levels including adhesives, mortars, grouts.
- Modified Cycloaliphatic Amines are room temperature curing agents. Excellent color and lower corrosiveness makes them the preferred choice for self-leveling floorings, primers, top coats, mortars and water-wipeable tile grouts. These Epotec Curing Agents possess low yellowing tendency and offer good early water spotting resistance.
Waterborne Epoxy Resins
- A wide range of waterborne epoxy resins exhibiting high stability and excellent dilution efficiency, are available, offering different functionalities for a variety of applications. These aqueous epoxy dispersions incorporate non-ionic epoxy-functional emulsifiers which allow the emulsifier to become a part of the cured product with minimal impact on the mechanical properties.
Waterborne Curing Agents
- Epotec® waterborne curing agents are based on modified polyamines. In addition to cross-linking liquid epoxy resins in the final film they also act as emulsifiers allowing the formulation of zero VOC systems and avoiding the need for additional emulsifiers. They find wide applications in self-leveling, trowelable flooring, coatings, water wipeable tile grouts etc.
Epotec Epoxy Systems for Construction
- Epotec® Epoxy Systems are mainly used for floor toppings, grouts, heavy duty mortars, crack injection, wider crack filling systems, expansion joint filling systems and adhesives.