Aditya Birla Chemicals response to covid-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has invoked unprecedented challenges to people across the world. Covid-19 is not just a health crisis, its impact spans across economic, social and political aspects. As the world unites to fight this pandemic, we have raised to the occasion with our employees and staff at manufacturing locations extending support to the local authorities and government agencies in COVID-19 relief measures.
Through our employees, we are serving the communities across 12 districts pan India. Our key focus areas include; sanitisation and disinfection, awareness campaigns, medical facilities, distribution of essential kits, and providing ration/groceries to people in need.
INSULATORS (Aditya Birla Insulators, Rishra, Halol)
- Disinfection & Sanitization: Sanitization of nearby villages, staff & workmen colonies around the plant using disinfectant (Sodium Hypochlorite)
- Distribution of Ration (Rice & Pulse): 1000 kg Rice and 125 kg Tuver dal distributed to needy people in nearby community covering 500+ beneficiaries.
- Essential Kit Distribution: Provided Medical Equipment (Ventilator Monitor) to Referral Hospital at Halol and distributed 100+ face masks to Govt. office at Godhara.
- Awareness campaign: Conducted awareness campaigns in nearby localities through banners & pamphlets to reinforce necessary steps to be taken to safeguard from covid-19.
FERTILISERS (Indo-Gulf Fertilisers, Jagdishpur, UP)
- In-House Production & Distribution of face masks: Production of 16,500 face masks by 20 women trained through our CSR initiatives. These masks were distributed to nearby villagers, contract workers, sanitation workers, security guards, truck drivers etc.
- Disinfecting & Sanitization: Disinfectant spray performed in 6 nearby villages, benefiting nearly 30,000 people.
- Awareness campaign: Conducted ~30 COVID-19 awareness campaigns in nearby villages to sensitize local communities on precautionary measures to protect from COVID-19.
FASHION YARNS (Indian Rayon, Veraval, Gujarat)
- Supply of disinfectant (Sodium Hypochlorite) – More than 10,500 liters of Sodium Hypochlorite was distributed to municipalities around Veraval, Gujarat for disinfection and sanitization of nearby localities. Awareness program was also conducted for staff members of municipalities on safe use of Sodium Hypochlorite.
- In-house manufacturing and distribution of Sanitizers - With Sanitizers in short supply, the R&D employees of Indian Rayon plant rose to the occasion and followed WHO guidelines to manufacture hand sanitizers within the plant. Sanitizers were distributed to hospitals, health centers, police administration, and government offices near Veraval, Gujarat.
- Distribution of face masks – Women trained in sewing through our CSR initiatives joined hands and worked round the clock in making face masks. More than 1,775 masks have been made and distributed in the locality till date.
- Providing free food to people in need: Employees of Indian Rayon collaborated with the local government authorities to reach out and provide free food to the poor and needy.
- Aditya Birla Hospital, Veraval equipped for COVID-19 patient treatment
CHEMICALS (8 locations pan India)
Disinfection & Sanitization:
- Donated 80+ MT of bleaching power & 6+ MT of Sodium Hypochlorite to nearby districts & state of Odisha for sanitisation of public places.
- Fogging & Sanitization in Plant, colony and local communities in Ganjam and other districts of Odisha
- Disinfecting areas of Bharuch City with disinfecting material (Sodium Hypochlorite) through the use of our emergency vehicle.
- Weekly sanitization of 13 nearby villages around BB Puram with HSB Solution.
Distribution of Face mask Prepared by Self Help Groups (SHGs):
- Distributed 75,000+ masks to the nearby villagers and government personnel like police, health practitioners, drivers etc. in Rehla, Vilayat, and Ganjam districts.
Providing food and groceries to people in need:
- Distributed raw food packages (each containing 5 Kg rice, 2 Kg flour, 2 Kg potato, 1 Kg pulses, 1 Lit. mustard oil, 1 kg salt and 1 shop) to 100+ people in nearby villages around Rehla, Gujarat.
- Ration distribution to the people in need around the plant premises, Vilayat and Ganjam
- Distributed dry Ration kits to Migrant Labour, Office of DC- Bharuch & DY Director Factories
- Displayed leaflets, posters in various public places to raise awareness on COVID-19.
- Awareness campaigns conducted through leaflets distribution, posters in 11 nearby villages around Vilayat, Gujarat
- As per the instruction of Govt. administration, developed 10 bedded isolation/quarantine centre at our Agriculture training centre in Ganjam, Odisha
- Essentials Kit distributed to 125 young vernacular freelance journalists around 4 nearby mandals of BB Puram, AP